Lead paint

Lead was added to paint to impart desirable properties such as faster drying, durability and moisture resistance. Lead is hazardous, and can cause a number of problems when ingested. In any structure built prior to 1978, there is a higher likelihood of the presence of lead paint.

Inspecting for and testing of lead paint is outside the scope of a standard home inspection. As a result, when we discover material that appears to be lead paint during a home inspection, we issue the following recommendation:

Possible lead paint has been observed during the inspection. Note: No official lead paint inspection has been performed, this information is being provided as a courtesy for our client. In any structure built prior to 1978, there is a higher likelihood of the presence of lead paint.

Please be advised that structures built prior to 1978 have a higher likelihood of the presence of lead-based paint. While no official lead paint inspection is performed during the standard home inspection, this information is being provided as a courtesy for our client. If this item is a concern for the client or anyone else involved in the transaction, further evaluation by a qualified professional is recommended prior to the end of the inspection period.